DUCT CLEANING INFORMATION
Over time, dust settles in your ducts, furnace and fans causing your system to slow down and the air flow to drop. This can become a source for odors, cause mechanical issues, or can be a trigger for allergies. We recommend getting your ducts cleaned every 3-5 years and changing your filter regularly to keep your system operating at peak level and to improve indoor air quality.
Common Signs that you need duct cleaning:
- You notice visible dust or debris in or around the registers and vents in your home.
- After interior renovations or purchasing a new home. The ducts can get filled with drywall dust and sawdust, along with other construction debris.
- If the household has smokers, pets, or someone with allergies.
Benefits of duct cleaning:
- Healthier & cleaner homes
- Increase in heating & cooling efficiency
- Reduced fire hazard
HELPFUL EDUCATIONAL LINKS
Below are some helpful links to help educate you about asbestos:
- Alarming facts about Asbestos
- Asbestos Exposure 1 in 8 show lung cancer
- How healthy is your workplace?
- Carbon Nanotubes
- Environmental Health – Vermiculite
WHERE ASBESTOS HAS BEEN USED
- Automotive industry uses asbestos in vehicle brake shoes and clutch pads.
- Building and construction industry uses asbestos for strengthening cement as well as sound absorption, roofing, insulation and fireproofing.
- Shipbuilding industry uses asbestos to insulate hot water pipes, boilers and steam pipes.
- Absbestos is also used in many different industrial products such as plastics, ceiling and floor tiles, adhesives, talc-containing crayons, etc.
- Attic Insulation
- Vinyl flooring or floor tiles
- Water heater blankets
- Pipe insulation
- Siding shingles made of asbestos cement
- Walls behind stoves, heaters and fireplaces
- Textured paints in ceilings and walls
- Door gaskets
- Joint compounds to seal wall boards