DUCT CLEANING SERVICES
We do more than simply vacuum the allergens out of your ducts, read more about our duct cleaning process.
Your home or business should be a space where you can feel comfortable and healthy with the environment around you. Often the air we breathe is contaminated with dust, dirt and debris that can be found in your ventilation system. So why not make sure that the ducts that are circulating your air are clean? You might not think it is a pressing issue, but many people would be surprised at the sheer amount of dust build up that has accumulated and is being circulated in the air you breathe every day. Over the years dust will settle in your ducts, fans, furnace and motors if not properly maintained. This build up can cause your system to slow down and air flow to drop off. An odor can often develop and mechanical problems begin to pile up on you. Considering the average home can contain an amazing 40 pounds of dust, it might be time to hire a duct cleaning servicer to help alleviate some of that weight! Having your ducts cleaned will improve your air quality and optimize your furnace and air conditioner performance. It is recommended to get your ducts cleaned every 3-5 years depending on your living conditions, but there are several factors that must be taken into consideration.
- Have you just moved into a new home?
- Does someone in your family suffer from allergies, sensitive skin, or breathing problems?
- Has there been a new air conditioner or furnace installed?
- Have there been completed renovations that required construction?
- Do you have pets?
- Are there more than 7 people living in your home or working in your commercial space?
All of the aforementioned questions are factors that you should consider before deciding whether you need the professional services of Advanced Robotic Duct Cleaning Inc. We hold ourselves at the highest standard and expect to provide every customer with the most optimal results. When we come to do our job, we kindly request that heavy furniture or fragile items are moved away from the vents prior to our arrival. Also, children and pets should be removed from the area to create a safe space for your family and our professional duct cleaners to work. Below is a general overview of the steps that are taken in a residential duct cleaning job, although some procedures may vary based on job site and circumstances.
Procedures may vary based on job site and circumstances:
1. A team of our technicians will check the condition of the furnace prior to starting. Please note, we do not service furnaces – we clean them!
2. The furnace is turned off and the vacuum hose is securely installed into the trunk line to create negative pressure on the whole ducting system.
3. All vents are located and uncovered and the compressed air line is set up, starting at the furthest return duct and working towards the furnace.
- Once the vacuum and air compressor are turned on, the return air registers are cleaned first. Our team use air whips followed by an air wash to push all dust down to the main duct. The main duct is cleaned using the air whips, and two passes are made to ensure a thorough cleaning.
4. If a customer has requested a furnace cleaning, the following steps are taken:
- With the vacuum suction continuously running, the furnace fan blades are blasted with air, and our technicians clean the blower motor.
- If there is an air conditioning coil, the technician will air wash the coils fins both inside and out to dislodge any dust. A clogged AC coil can play a significant part in decreasing the efficiency of your air conditioning unit.
5. Once the return air system and furnace (if applicable) has been cleaned, the vacuum is hooked up to the supply duct.
6. For every vent, a combination of mechanical brushes and air washing is used to work the
debris from the furthest duct back to the main supply duct.
7. After all registers, vents, and duct branches have been blown out, the supply trunk line is thoroughly cleaned and reverse-blow tools are used to pull debris back to the vacuum and removed from the system.
8. The technicians will finish by restoring any access holes, cleaning any mess made around the registers, and will turn the system back on. We recommend a new filter and to clean your ducts every 3-5 years.